Super Easy Peach Pie with Olive Oil Crust

late in the season for baby gold peaches
Let me set the picture for you here: I've got a 2 month old screaming in her swing, a 1 1/2 year old making me do the shuffle to the Party Rock Anthem (everyday day I'm shuffling) for the 100th time, one dog repeatedly hitting his water bowl with his foot letting me know he's thirsty while the other is trying to bite me because he hates it when I dance (maybe he's trying to tell me something) and a house that is completely trashed like only a 1 1/2 year old tornado knows how. It took probably 5 hours for me to actually make this pie with the chaos that is my current state of life. It's legitimate to say this pie was made with love.

This pie is not a good looking pie. Down right ugly in fact. I wasn't even going to post the recipe but I thought it might bring some satisfaction to others who attempt to make it; the type of satisfaction like you get when you receive a friend request from the popular girl that went to your high school only to find out she gained a bunch of weight. If my pie is setting the standard, the bar is pretty low.



Schweddy Balls? Nope.
I'm not really into baking, I'm more into eating baked goods. But since no one was around to make me a fresh peach pie I thought I would give it a whirl. I took my dads recipe for pie crust, it uses olive oil instead of lard or butter and is the easiest and most versatile crust I've ever made.
Olive Oil Pie Crust:

2 cups Unbleached Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Olive Oil
4 Tablespoons Cold Water

Mix the salt and flour together and then add the olive oil, mixing well. Add the water and use your hands to press the dough into a ball. Divide the ball in two and refrigerate until ready to use.
Roll out the crust on a lightly floured surface with the top covered in wax paper so the rolling pin does not stick. Make sure to fork some air holes in the top of your pie crust.
The peaches I used were baby golds and not the greatest. I bought them to can but apparently they had been stored in a cooler too long and were airy, browning and not very sweet. With the right amount of sugar added they were perfect for pie, but I'm definitely bummed I wasn't able to can peaches this year.

Peach Pie Filling:

8-10 peaches – peeled and cut the best you can
1 cup pure cane sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup flour

Just mix it all together.

Set your oven to 350
Sprinkle the top of the pie with a heavy amount of cinnamon and and sugar.
Bake the pie for 40 minutes or until golden brown and you can see the filling bubbling. Let cool for at least 10 minutes.


peach pie filling
one ugly pie
ugly never tasted so good, turned out amazing.

Comments